Tuesday, November 2, 2010

(MA) Reflective Studies / Research




Today we had a lecture about reflective thinking, studying and keeping a blog.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, I just hate the idea of sharing what I think and what I do with the people. I also think that blogs are hard to find, and a very small community compared to various forums all over the internet. For random people to find my blog and look at it daily seems highly unlikely, which kinda saps my will about this.

On the other hand, I can understand that there's somehow a science behind this. As Jonathan said today in the lecture, our brain is just like our muscles. You have to train specific parts to teach it how to do things. I think that by using such methods we can train our brain to keep specific information, learn from its mistakes and organize the research into something manageable. Blogs, however simplified, can be a starting tool for this. Which is why I decided to try it.

I will however, try to keep my audiance limited to few people I trust outside the MA. Lets start simple.

1 comment: